Monday, August 21, 2006

The good, the bad and the ugly.

First off, the good. Jason slept through the night last night by anyones definition. His bed time was 8.00pm as usual, and I woke him for a bottle just after 11.00pm and he did about 60mls which is pretty decent for the late night feed. Then we didnt hear a peep from the little guy until 6.00 this morning!!!! WOW. He then came to bed with us for an hour and then we all had breakfast in bed together (like we do every morning) at 7.30am. What a beautiful thing!

Now, the bad. I had the fright of my life the other day and its an experience I hope never to repeat. Jason was being bathed in his brand new bath seat and all was going well. Then, to make a long story short, he got stuck, he panicked and then when I was sorting him out, with the security bar removed (!!!!!!!!), he slipped completely under the water for about 0.02 seconds. We were both utterly terrified and Chris basically had to calm us both down - not that i let J see my panic. I have never been so shocked and upset as this in J's entire life. I had to removed the security bar to put him right, but it has shown me how quickly and easily a baby can have an accident. I still feel a little sick about it actually. Or it might the chicken sandwhich I had for breakafast.

And the ugly?? Well, theres nothing ugly really. Jason has been pretty grunpy for the last few days, buts thats ok. He calms right down as soon as you toss him in the air or quack like a duck, so its not so bad :) There has been a new development. Hes starting to talk a lot more, and a few new sounds have popped up. He now makes the LaLa sound as well as Ba Ba. In fact, I put him down for his morning nap 20 minetes ago and hes still yelling and chatting away to god knows who, at a fairly decent decible as well!

And of course its all punctuated with an enthusiastic rasberry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home